Core drillings on the surface and underground are performed by units powered by diesel or electricity.
- Conventional or wire line equipment.
- Sample diametre range 22-102 mm.
- Double or triple core barrels with split inner tube.
- Core recovery is improved by multi-component polymers
Percussion drillings are usually performed to obtain soil or rock samples or for securing a rock surface. Samples are taken by:
- Flow-through samplers with 0-16 or 0.19 litre volume.
- Tube samplers with 0.45 – 1.30 litre volume.
- Wire line samplers with 0.87 – 2.60 litre volume.
Technical surveys and services
Drillcon offers a range of technical surveys and services related to drilling.
- 3D directional survey of holes optically or magnetically
- Directional drilling and branching of holes by wedging or eccentric core barrel
- Sample orientation by various methods
- Water pressure tests
- Geophysical in-hole surveys
- Video surveys or digital imaging of holes
- Geological logging of core samples
- Determination of elastic properties of core samples
- Positioning with precision GPS
- Installation of ground water monitoring wells